Apple has recognized that there is in fact an issue with the iPhone 5s battery. This isn’t an issue with all of the 5s models, but it has been acknowledged as an issue with a large number of them. It can cause it to take a longer than normal time to charge, and to lose the charge more quickly. Luckily, they are stepping up to the plate and offering repairs for anyone dealing with this issue.
What should you do?
Simple. Follow these steps!
If you have an iPhone 5s that has a weak battery, here are some options you have:
- You can take it directly to Apple and have them fix it.
- Keep your screen dim in terms of brightness. This can help to preserve the battery life a bit.
- Put your phone in airplane mode if you aren’t using it. Perhaps you are sitting in a movie theater or out to dinner and not looking at your phone. Why not put it in airplane mode so that you can see any messages or missed calls later?
- Close out of apps that are not in use. So many people leave apps open practically all of the time. Double click the home button and swipe up when the open apps appear in order to close out of them.
- Shut off auto downloading. You might not want apps to automatically download, anyway.
These are just some tips to improve the battery life of your iPhone 5s. It is always a good idea to bring it to your provider if any problem persists.
Model numbers that could have a poor battery life include ME309LL/A, ME350LL/A, ME352LL/A, ME357LL/A, ME313LL/A, and others.